Pages

3.11.2013

My Lonely Sea





So this is my Lonely Tree Shawl, knit in Malabrigo Arroyo in Indiecita on size 8 needles.

I was thinking of the ocean, well really abalone, while I stitched, and the way a small piece of iridescent shell stands out against a beach of wet, black pebbles. It reminds me of walking, head down, eyes searching the beach just ahead, waves drumming to the west, on foggy mornings, with bean sized treasures, tumbled by time and water, clutched in my palm.  It is the best kind of lonely I know.

As I shared before, I decided to knit the whole pattern, plus chart D.  I ended up with about 8 inches of yarn left over at the end, which in my mind makes the yarn/pattern pairing just about perfect.  In fact I have another hank of Indiecita waiting to be wound.  It will no doubt make another Lonely Sea.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment