For Colton and our nephews, I made these super hero capes for Christmas. As much as I really wish I could sew, and despite the fact that I have taken a sewing class, I'm not very good at it. It is possible that I'm really bad at it. I had to rip one entire cape apart and half of another and resew them. But I pressed on (ha!), with the sewing machine scrunched onto Craig's desk, crawling around on the floor cutting fabric, with a determined scowl on my face.
The pattern was easy to follow, just do exactly like she says. I used two colors for each cape, all four are black in the inside. And I added the felt letters by free handing a stencil, cutting the felt, then I hand sewed them on with embroidery floss.
I going to make on for Audrey's birthday next month. It may build my sewing confidence!