Pages

12.17.2012

Winter Mysteries


What can I say on a Monday like today? Talk about our weekend, about our lovely day with Craig's dad and stepmom?  About hosting our neighbors for a crazy get together with 11 kids and even more adults, and even more food?  About Newtown?  Where could I ever find a beginning, between love, family, community, belonging and unimaginable sorrow?  What could I say that you have not also thought, felt and cried?

I always turn to books for comfort.  Can we talk about books instead?  Here's what I'm reading this winter, just as soon as I finish Emma.

Gone Girl and One Good Turn (I have already watched the mini series on PBS with the heart breakingly handsome Jason Isaacs as Jackson Brodie and can't wait to read this second book in Kate Atkinson's series). The Skeleton Box (third in the Starvation Lake series by Bryan Gruley {Thanks, JoEllen!}) and The Wedding Shawl, my secret guilty-pleasure read.

What are you reading these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment